New Zealand On Air had contracted a consortium of Catalyst Pacific Ltd, Tim Thorpe Consulting and SDL Consultancy to provide a research report examining broadcast programming for Pacific audiences in New Zealand.
- a stock take of former and current broadcast services and programmes for Pacific audiences in New Zealand and in the wider Pacific region if relevant;
- a stock take of radio and television programming by region and different Pacific ethnicities, identifying the extent of programming delivered in Pacific languages;
- a scan of the current and projected Pacific population in New Zealand, a demographic breakdown, and what is known about its media consumption and needs;
- a review of literature or research available on those services or programmes, particularly any relating to audience response;
- an assessment of any duplications or gaps in broadcast services, informed by a literature review and results of selected community and industry consultation; and
- a preliminary feasibility assessment of whether any gaps can be filled or efficiencies implemented.
CLICK HERE FOR A COPY OF THE RESEARCH REPORT !