The first stocktake of all Pacific owned businesses and Pacific social enterprises in New Zealand is being launched this week.
The stocktake is being led by the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and partner agencies, the Ministry of Pacific Island Affairs, Pacific Business Trust and Careers New Zealand.
“This Pacific Business Stocktake is the first of its kind and will provide valuable information to help find out more about how we can support Pacific businesses and find ways to make it easier to do business with the Pacific business community,” says Matalena Leaupepe, Chief Advisor, Pasifika.
“This is also a great way to give greater visibility of the Pacific business community to the wider New Zealand business community”.
Participants will go into a draw to win professional mentoring services from successful business mentors from across New Zealand as well as getting the opportunity for their business to be profiled through various communication channels.
The stocktake questionnaire closes on 2 May 2014 and is available: http://www.research.net/s/pacific-business-stocktake-questionnaire
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
A “Pacific business” is defined as:
· a business enterprise that is owned (or partly owned) by one or more Pacific people in New Zealand.
· The business may have one or more employees.
A social enterprise is defined as:
· An initiative that applies business strategies to achieve philanthropic goals
· This includes the delivery of economic and social services, such as Early Childhood Education which are funded by the proceeds of commercial production or other sources
· Surpluses are principally reinvested in the social/economic purpose rather than maximising profit for shareholders and owners.
The Pacific Business Questionnaire
The Pacific business questionnaire takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
To complete the survey visit the following link http://www.research.net/s/pacific-business-stocktake-questionnaireor email email@example.com for further information.
Pacific Business Stocktake
Frequently asked Questions
1. What is the purpose of the stocktake?
· This is the first stocktake of all Pacific businesses in New Zealand.
· It aims to help government departments to better understand the needs of Pacific businesses and how it could make it easier to do business with government.
· To create greater visibility of Pacific businessesto the wider New Zealand business community.
2. How will this benefit my business?
· It will help better connect your business with services that can support Pacific businesses to grow and succeed.
3. What are the timeframes for this stocktake?
· Monday 7th April – Friday 2nd May 2014.
4. Who is involved in this stocktake?
· This project is led by the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment in partnership with the Pacific Business Trust, Ministry of Pacific Island Affairs and Careers New Zealand.
5. What happens after I fill out the survey?
· Data will be analysed by the project team who will report back on survey findings through the project team’s communication networks.
6. How can I get further information?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communication activity timetable
Week 1 : 7 April
· Spasifik mail-out
· Mail-out to key stakeholders
· Promote via partner channels
· Mail-out to Pacific Business Trust database mail-out
· MBIE intranet story and FAQs
· Use across all appropriate communications
Week 2 & 3: 14 April – 25 April
· 17th Breakfast Pasifika women in business presentation
· Community Radio spots
Week 4 : 28 April
· Follow up stories
· Prompt email to stakeholders